1. What is the importance of the water potential concept in plant physiology? What are the components of water potential?
2. List three unique properties of water that make it such a good medium for cellular functioning, and explain how each property is useful to the plant.
3. What is turgor pressure? Can plant cells have negative turgor pressure values? Can you calculate the turgor pressure of a cell from water potential and osmotic potential values?
4. How does water move across a largely hydrophobic plasma membrane?
5. Define and give an example of osmosis in a plant cell. What is the driving force for osmosis?