1. Describe the path followed by water from the soil, through the plant and into the atmosphere. Where in the path are the important resistances to water movement?
2. Describe the casparian strip and its function. What is the most important substance in the casparian strip, from the point of view of its function?
3. What is the driving force for the movement of water from the soil to the top of a tree and into the atmosphere?
4. Describe root pressure and indicate when it might occur.
5. How does air relative humidity affect the transpiration rate of a leaf? If the air surrounding a transpiring leaf gets warmer, how will such a change affect the transpiration rate of the leaf?