1. How many environmental factors can limit photosynthesis at one time? Explain the concept of limiting factor using as an example conditions under which photosynthesis is light-limited or CO2-limited.
2. Compare and contrast the light compensation point and the CO2- compensation point.
3. Explain the concept of quantum yield. Compare and contrast the quantum yields of photochemistry, oxygen evolution and photosynthetic carbon fixation. Can you explain the differences between the respective quantum yield values?
4. Explain the adaptive advantage of chloroplast movement within mesophyll cells and solar tracking by leaves for light interception by plants.
5. Can heat absorption by leaves hinder leaf function? Explain your answer and describe ways in which leaves can dissipate absorbed heat. What is the major path for heat dissipation in leaves from irrigated cotton growing at high temperature in Arizona?